skip to Main Content
Back To Top
5 Steps Entity Leaders Can Take To Support Strategic Volunteer Engagement
- Advocate for and secure necessary resources to support strategic volunteer engagement throughout the organization. Include requests for supporting volunteer engagement in donor and grant requests.
- Ensure the organization’s volunteer engagement professional is part of the leadership team and has an appropriate, professional title (such as Director of Volunteer Engagement or Director of Volunteer Services).
- Highlight volunteer impact on the organization’s mission in reports to funders, donors and constituents. Share the impact of strategic volunteer engagement on the organization’s operations and mission—beyond simply the number of volunteers and service hours.
- Include working with volunteers in all written staff job descriptions, orientations and training. Engage volunteers directly in your own work as a positive example.
- Support your organization in becoming Service Enterprise certified and support your leader of volunteers to become a Certified Volunteer Administrator.
To learn more check out: