During the closing convening of the National Summit on Volunteer Engagement Leadership in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, in July 2017, a temporary task force was appointed and charged with proposing a structure for a formal group that will leverage and convene existing networks, organizations, and individuals to elevate and drive a national conversation about the power and potential of volunteer engagement, as well as encourage collective action for nationwide engagement strategies.
Refer to these background documents for greater insights on the origins of The National Alliance for Volunteer Engagement:
The National Alliance for Volunteer Engagement is fortunate to have had the following experts guide the formalized launch as part of the Interim Leadership Team:
- Wanda Lee Bailey, Non-Profit & Volunteer Management Consultant
- Karmit Bulman, Executive Director, Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration
- Alison Doerfler, Senior Vice President, Capacity Building, Points of Light
- Kaira Esgate, CEO, America’s Service Commissions (ASC)
- Beth Steinhorn, President, VQ Volunteer Strategies
- Megan Vixie, Director of Human Resources, Beach Cities Health District
- Dana Litwin and Betsy McFarland, Facilitators
To receive updates or express interest in getting involved with The National Alliance for Volunteer Engagement movement, please select this contact link.